Thank you for your interest in joining the Crawley & District Metal Detecting Group. Our membership is strictly limited to thirty members and is now full . Please feel free to apply, we reviewing our membership regularly and your name will be added to our waiting list (which is currently very small). In addition we will send you invites to our digs that are not over subscribed if you join the waiting list.
- You must be a registered user of the UK and European Metal Detecting Forum. www.metaldetectingforum.co.uk. We have a private forum hosted within this site where we discuss find, group activities and organise digs.
- You must be a member of the NCMD (National Council for Metal Detecting) www.ncmd.co.uk or the FID (Federation of Independent Detectorists) fid.newbury.net to provide liability insurance.
- You must not ever been arrested for Night-hawking (detecting without landowners permission). Any potential member or member caught night-hawking will be expelled from the group immediately.
- You must never have been arrested for detecting on scheduled land.
- You must never have failed to declare items that might be considered treasure since 1997.
You must also agree to abide by our simple rules :-
- Close gates behind you.
- Don't go to club grounds without permission from the club and landowners, you must contact the club captain to arrange access for you.
- Don't leave anything but footprints.
- Refill all holes, no excuses will be tolerated and use square digging methods on turf and replace the cut square neatly.
- Any person found not declaring finds to the FLO (Finds Liaison Officer) will be expelled from the group immediately.
To download our application form & rules please click one of the following links.